Friday, July 3, 2015

Vintage Bags and How to Remove Old Leather Odor



Is it just me, or there are many times that I think that vintage designer bags look lovelier and more durable than the newly released ones?

Recently I have acquired a vintage Gucci canvas bag, and I feel like the odor of the rather old leather lining is too much. I can smell it when I wear the bag and I deemed it needed rescue.

Here are the steps I took to finally make it smell nice.

1. Wipe it clean with non-alcoholic baby wipes. I only did this on the inside of the bag since the exterior is canvas.

2. Air it using a blower in cool setting. Leaving it open to breathe is also acceptable if you are patient.

3. Take an unused or old stocking, and fill it with 2 tablespoons of coffee granules. I used a thick stocking in my case and I made sure that the fiber will not allow any granule to fall out of the holes. Secure the stocking. Put this inside the bag overnight.

4.  Put some flavoured tea bag/s for added absorption, and to replace the bad door with the fresh scent of the tea. Leave this with the coffee granules overnight inside the bag.

5. If the next day you smell that the stink is still present, leave the teabags and the stocking for as long as possible. In my case, the door has significantly decreased after just one night, and I used it the next morning, but I still leave the stocking with the coffee granules with my things inside.

6. For lovely smell, keep your perfume without the cap inside the bag. Or any lotion that has a nice smell.

Aand there you go! Bye bye musty smell!

Do you have other suggestions on how to keep your leather bags smelling nice and clean? Feel free to comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment