Thursday, May 21, 2015

Review: Silk'n ReVit Microdermabrasion



Finally got the time ( and energy ) to write down my thoughts about my newly purchased ReVit.

As I mentioned on my previous posts, I'm a sucker for home based skin care devices. My reason mostly revolves around the fact that I don't like going out of the house after work (yea lame) and it's really expensive to have it done frequently at clinics. Don't get me wrong, i have tried several clinics and services before so I know whether or not it's the same.

So, Silk'n Revit review, here goes!

UNBOXING

The box includes
1 unit for microdermabrasion
3 heads/tips
30 filters
Plug

I was excited and immediately plugged it in. The unused filter looks like this:

I tried it out at the back of my hand to test the strength of the vacuum.
After running it a few times, the filter becomes this:


I'm not really sure if those are really skin, because my feeling is that they are like shreded parts of the tip, like the by product of a sand paper.

First use

I used the fine tip for my face with only one stroke on each area. It was a weekday so I didnt want to irritate my skin if ever there will be any untoward results.

Basically, i think the first level suction setting is just right for the face. It left my skin feeling soft and after that I put on placenta moisturizer. What I noticed os that the moisturizer was better absorbed as I felt plumpiness on my skin when I woke up the next morning.

I will continue using this once a week, if I dont develop any cystic acne. Take note that it is not advised to use this when you have active cystic acne. It will most probably aggravate the cyst and inflame it.

I will have a comparison post, against my previous cosme-awarded microdermabrasion device. (Cosme.net Japanese beauty and skin care journal).

My only question about the Silk'n revit is the lack of hygienic cover or pouch to have the unit and heads stored. Right now I just keep them in a cabinet but it should have a cover for the heads at least.



No comments:

Post a Comment