Sunday, May 17, 2015

How I Controlled my Excessive Hairfall - Almost

----update: 17June2015------

Finally, it seems that I'm making so much progress against my hair loss with my new product! Actually I had it all allong but I was just tooooo lazy to use it.

Here it is!!!!


I started using this since last week. I can say that I have substantially decreased my falling hair!

I use it every day for almost a week now every after shower with a towel dry hair. And it smells nice too!

I noticed that I dont get hair on my hand whenever i stroke my hair with my fingers anymore. Before this, it was horrible! 
My hair started to have life and moisturized. I guess it was really the dryness that caused my dilemma.






-------------
They're on the bathroom floor, on the table top, desk, laptop, and sometimes on the food! It becomes really annoying, alarming and gross.

How much hair fall is really too much?

I didn't do much scientific research for this, it's just that I know that it has become worse. At least I know that around 100 hair should normally fall in a day.

So I have started to act, did some trials, and here's a list of what you could try too if you are suffering the same as I am.

1. Rule out serious diseases, chemotherapies, and the like. If there's a high chance that you don't have any, proceed to next.

2. Pinpoint the estimated season that it has started to become worse. It could be that the weather has become so dry that the static in strands has increased. Maybe here you can find the possible trigger.

3. Change hair care. I realised that when I changed my shampoo and conditioner to tresemme that my hair fall has turned to worse. ( I have tried Tresemme because they were on sale ). Try to switch to a gentler shampoo, first I have tried L'oreal anti-breakage, and switched again to an olive-oil based shampoo. By doing this, I have felt that my hair fall has somehow tamed, but not tamed enough.





4. Massage your scalp with oil. I think any kind of hair care oil will do. I have tried to use Argan Oil of Morocco. ( See my previous post for photos ). Every night before I sleep, I massage my scalp with a generous amount of this oil. In the morning after I shower, I use a palm drop of argan oil on my damp hair before I blow dry. And this bring us to number 5.

5. Invest in a good hair dryer.  If you cannot skip blow drying your hair altogether, better invest in a dryer that has a cool setting.

6. Avoid washing your hair with hot water. This step is kind of difficult for me. When I feel warm enough to be able to do it, I shower my body with the usual hot water but I wash my hair afterwards with lukewarm to cold water. This keeps the moisture in hair strands and consequently reduces static thus reducing breakage.

7. Avoid too much harsh hair style products. I think this goes without saying. I never used any hair styling products since I am very lazy to do it.

8. Fish Oil. I have started to take fish oil supplements for another reason. However, I have noticed that ever since I have started taking fish oil capsules twice a day, my hair fall decreased. I don't have any medical proof to back it up, so I guess it only adds up to being healthy, which bring us to number 9.

9. Drink more water. Eat healthy, and decrease ( or if possible ) stop smoking.

10. Use untangler-type combs instead of brushes, and refrain from brushing your hair while wet. This worked very well for me.

I have been doing most of these things for 3 weeks now, not religiously though. I can say that my bathroom floor still has a few strands, but it is not as bad as before. I hope this post helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment